Monday, February 8, 2010

Golf in St. George UT

This is Doug.
On Saturday I went golfing with a friend Mark Barnes in St. George UT. A lot of the people from his home town get together once or twice a year and play in a little two man tournament. I was put on the only three man team because some people didn't show up. This was only the second time I had golfed since late 2008. I had two knee surgeries on my right knee in 2009 so I didn't play at all that year.

Because I hadn't played in so long I was put on a team as the weaker golfer of the two. Then there was one man left over who happened to be the little brother of my partner so he joined us as a three man team. We ended up shooting six under par as a team and took second place.

I really miss playing golf and I was glad I could do it without my knees bugging me. Hopefully I will be able to get out and play more. I'm grateful Mindy let me go even though she had a photo shoot that morning. With my knee problems I am going to stop playing all sports except golf. My main goal now is just to get good enough to beat my brother Bryan on a consistent basis. I have only beat him once in my life and I had an unfair advantage.

I really need to get Georgia and Breelynn clubs so they can learn how to play. I need to spend more time with my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment